In accordance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, this notice is to inform you of steps taken to protect your privacy as a customer of Pacific Shield Insurance Services. Your business is appreciated and Pacific Shield wants to protect your privacy and information that has been obtained in the course of processing your insurance business. For this purpose, Pacific Shield has adopted the following procedures and guidelines.
Collection of Information
We collect information about you and other persons from:
- The information we receive from you on the internet, insurance applications, forms and and documents that you provide;
- People that may live with you or that are included on your insurance application and other form;
- Outside sources that confirm insurance application and rating information such as driving records, vehicle ownership, miles driven, address and prior insurance history.
The purpose of any and all information that has been collected is to properly process and maintain the insurance coverage that was applied for.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell your information to anyone. Non-public personal information may be shared in whole or in part with insurance carriers, managing general agents and/or payment programs that you applied for. This shared information is for the sole purpose of processing and maintaining your insurance coverage. Additionally, your information may be disclosed or used in the following circumstances:
- To organizations that perform underwriting and claims investigations;
- To our staff, as needed to properly process and conduct business;
- To our legal representation for review and opinion;
- To any third party as permitted or required by law;
- To notify you of other products, services and or insurance available through Pacific Shield
Confidentiality and Security